How do I Create a FREE Allowance Manager Account to manage my kid's allowance online?
How kids "get" money
Creating a free Allowance Manager account to manage your child's allowance online is simple! From AllowanceManager.com:
- Select "Create a FREE Account"
- Under "Manage an Allowance" select "Create a FREE Parent Account"
- Complete the required form, verify that you have read the Allowance Manager terms and conditions, and submit the form by clicking "Create Parent Account". An Activation email will be dispatched to the address you have specified.
- Find and open the activation email sent from Allowance Manager. This email will include your username and a link to Activate your account. Select "Activate my Account".
- When prompted, select a password by typing it into the provided form next to "new password", and select "submit"
You now have an active account. The next step is to add a Child Account for each child to whom you will pay an allowance.
How do I add a Child Account to my Parent Account?
- Select "Add Child Account"
- Complete the required form pertaining to the first Child whom you are adding.
- Gender of child
- First name of child
- Last name of child
- Birthdate of child
- Email address of child (optional)
- Beginning Balance: This is used to input any existing balance that the child may have.
- Weekly Allowance: This is the weekly allowance that the child will receive. Weekly allowance is automatically updated each week to the child's allowance account by Allowance Manager.
- Post Allowance: This is the day of the week that the weekly allowance will be posted to the child's account.
- Click the "Add Child Account" button
If you would like to add another child, you may do so by selecting "Add another Child". Otherwise, you may select "View child's Allowance Entries"
Another child can be added to your account at any time by Signing Into your Allowance Manager account and selecting "Add Child Account" located under the existing list of Children.
How do I increase my child's allowance?
As a child gets older, you may wish to wish to increase that child's weekly allowance. This can easily be done by visiting "Settings" after logging in to your parent account. Here's how:
- Log in to your Allowance Manager Parent Account
- Select "Settings" located near the top right corner of the page
- Locate the child for whom you would like to make the allowance adjustment
- Select "Edit" next to that child's name
- At the bottom of the form, locate the field entitled "Weekly Allowance ($)"
- Make any changes to this number that you wish
- Click the "Update Child Account" button
The changes you make are reflected in the settings immediately, and the new amount will be credited the next time the weekly allowance is posted
What do I do if I have forgotten my Sign In information?
If you have forgotten your Sign In information, please visit the "Forgot Sign In" page accessible from the following link: Forgot Sign In
I forgot to add one of my children to my account when I signed up. How do I add another child?
Another child can be added to your account at any time by signing into your Allowance Manager account and selecting "Add Child Account" located under "Children". This can also be done under "Settings"
How does my child view his or her allowance?
Once you have created an Allowance Manager account and have added your child's information and allowance details, your child can Sign In to his or her Allowance Manager account by entering the Username and Password that was automatically generated and sent to you via email when you created the Child Account.
Can my child change personal settings?
No. A Child's Allowance Manager account can not be modified by the child. Parents control all aspects of the Child's Allowance Manager account settings. To change a child's account settings, please Sign In to your Parent Account and visit the "settings" section.
Can my child modify allowance entries?
No. All information displayed in a child's Allowance Manager account is only editable by the parent through the Parent Account.
How do I delete my account?
If you would like to permanently remove your Allowance Manager account, you can do so by signing in and visiting the "Settings" section found in the top right section of the page and selecting "Remove".
How do I modify my Username or Password?
To modify your Username or Password please Sign In to your Allowance Manager account and visit the "Settings" section.
How do I modify my child's Username or Password?
To modify your child's Username or Password, please Sign In to your Allowance Manager account and visit the "Settings" section.
How do I add entries into my child's account?
Entries can be added to your child's account to reward good behavior, penalize misbehavior, make a cash deposit, make a cash withdrawal, or document extra money earned?
Entries can only be made and modified from an Allowance Manager Parent Account. Here's how:
Where is the list of children that are associated with my Allowance Manager Parent Account?
- Sign In to your Allowance Manager Parent Account by visiting AllowanceManager.com and selecting Sign In, in the top right corner of the site.
- Select from the "Children" list, the name of the child for whom you would like to Add an Entry.
- Select "Add Entry" located under the Child's name.
Complete the form pertaining to the Entry that you are adding. (Category, Date, Amount, Description)
What is this:
- Category: Select the category of which the Entry pertains
- Enter the date on which you wish the Entry to have taken place
- Enter the amount of the Entry
- Enter a description of what the Entry pertains to.
For example, an Entry for a child that is being paid extra for helping to rake leaves, may look like this:
Category: Extra Earned
Description: Helped to rake leaves!
- Add Entry by selecting "Add Entry" below the form.
- Select "View child's account entries" to view the entry you have just made or select "Add another entry" to add another entry.
If you are Signed In to your Parent Account, you can view your list of children at any time by selecting "Children" near the top right corner of the site.
Where are my child's allowance entries?
You can view your child's allowance entries at any time after signing in by selecting "Children" and then selecting the name of the child whose entries you would like to view.
How do I edit an existing allowance entry?
If you would like to edit an entry that you have made into a child's entry page, you can do so:
How do I permanently delete an entry I have made in one of my Kid's Allowance Entries?
- Sign in to Parent Account
- Select the name of the child whose entries you wish to edit
- Select "Edit Entries" below the child's name in the top left corner of the site
- Find the entry that you would like to edit and select "Edit"
- Make any changes necessary to the form, and submit by selecting "Update Entry"
To permanently delete an entry that you have made in one of your Kid's Allowance Entries:
- Sign In to Parent Account
- Select the name of the child whose entries you wish to edit
- Select "Edit Entries" below the child's name in the top left corner of the site.
- Find the entry that you would like to permanently delete and select "Delete"
- Confirm that this is the correct entry that you would like to permanently delete, then select "Delete Entry"
Note: Allowance Manager is designed to keep a comprehensive ledger of allowance activity on your child's account. Therefore, while Allowance Manager allows a parent to permanently remove an entry from the Entries page, we do not recommend this unless the entry was a complete error (such as adding the entry to the wrong child, for example). Instead, Allowance Manager recommends that you simply edit any entry where a correction may be necessary, such as editing an amount, category, description etc.
Why are some entries not editable?
In order for Allowance Manager to maintain a consistent product to help you manage your child's allowance online, some entries are uneditable. Beginning child allowance balance and Recurring weekly child allowance is not editable. If you are attempting to remove a child's allowance for the day, for example, we recommend that you create an entry such as "Misbehavior" or "Cash Withdrawal" for the amount that you would like to remove. Doing so will maintain a correct ledger of your child's allowance entries and will be correctly documented in weekly allowance summaries/reports.